Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Welcome

Welcome to the new Pigeon Genetic Project Blog. I will be working to post updates on our progress and some of the findings along the way. Also feel free to post any questions that arise and I will answer them to the best of my ability.
The first question that most likely needs to be addressed is what are we attempting to do with this project. The goal of the project is to determine the relationships between the various breeds of pigeons. We are doing this by looking at markers found within the genome.
We have had a huge response from many breeders both within the United States and internationally. Thank you to all of those that have already responded. If you have not yet sent me your information and would like to participate please send me an email with the number of breeds you raise and your mailing address. My email address is elissa.mulroy@utah.edu.
This is just the beginning and more posts will appear as more becomes known.

No comments:

Post a Comment