Monday, June 29, 2009

Importance of Sampling

I am a little concerned about some posts that I have seen on some online pigeon blogs. I understand that there are some of you who do not want to pluck feathers from your birds and completely respect your decision. However, I do ask that if this is the case, you choose not to participate at all and please, please, please do not send feathers from the floors of the cages. One post I read mentioned that the DNA might degrade. This is true, but more importantly if it is not from the bird that you say it is from then my whole study could be jeopardized. It is crucial that the DNA is from the correct bird and that all the feathers are from the same bird.Please feel free to contact me. I am more than willing to answer any questions and address any concerns. The correct information is necessary for accurate results.

No comments:

Post a Comment